Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great ship, food & staff!

Sail Date: December 03, 2010

The ship was very clean and well kept. Staff went above and beyond my expectations. The food was great- lots of choices and loved the freee-stlye dining. Only con: not able to visit the private island due to wind. Had to spend the day on the ship at sea, which on a 3 day cruise with only 2 ports- was very disappointing. NCL uses tenders to access their private islands- I didn't realize this when I booked. However, NCL did organize on board activities very quickly to compensate for spending the day at sea. It was a fun day at sea- but would have much rather spent the day on the beach.

Pros: food and staff were excellent!

Cons: didn't get to go on the private island due to the wind-wasn't aware of tenders used to access NCL's private island

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

nice room-comfy bed
all the staff went above and beyond my expectations. great staff!
lots of entertainment choices
clean and well kept
great food- lots of choices and dining options.
We rented a scooter- that was the way to go for sure. We were able to see the entire island, inlcuding secluded beaches, caves and small villages. (they drive on the left side- so be careful!) Beaches were beautiful, local food was great. Got some great bargains at the market. Very friendly people on the island. Disappointing when we got to the Atlantis and they had blocked off the lobby to non-paying visitors. We visited 2 yrs ago and loved seeing the lobby and huge aquarium. This was not an option on this visit-it was closed off to the public.
Don't Miss: conch fritters has great jerk chicken! rent a scooter for the day!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I would not recommend going on a cruise that require tenders to access islands. This port was cancelled due to winds-which I understand NCL can not control the wind, but on a 3 day cruise with only 2 ports- this was very disappointing. I would reconsider booking due to not being able to access private island because of wind.