Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: November 12, 2010

I was very disappointed when the ship set sail. The ship is beautiful from the outside and the greeting staff was friendly and helpful. However, after walking around the ship it was very old and date compared to other cruiselines I have traveled on.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

I was also disappointed with activities on the ship. The ONLY thing they have scheduled to do is seminars on how to shop in port and buying another cruise. There was no line dancing, bingo was EXPENSIVE, no activities while the ship is docked, I mean NONE! If you are not going a shore, then bring a book because nothing is open!
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. I have been on other cruise lines and the food on this ship was plentiful but very disappointing. The meals were always the same choices. The buffet was very limited and it had no variety. It was always pasta, hamburgers or salad. It was always crowded and took forever to get your food because the buffet was only one way. The restaurants were limited menus unless you wanted to pay extra and then you could order different food. There were other restaurants but they charged for all the food. I have to say, I left this cruise hungry.
The ship was decent size but the ship was very old and dated compared to other ships I have traveled on. The rooms were clean but the sleeping was very uncomforable compared to other cruises I have been on.
I got the room I pretty much paid for. The room was clean. The bed and pillow was very uncomfortable. No fun little towel animals or chocolate eithers.
When we boarded the ship the staff was extremely friendly. Once the ship left port, the staff was very different. I had an issue while traveling and the person waiting on me literally walked away from the desk and went on break, when I called out to her she advised me someone else at the desk could handle it and that meant having to tell my problem all over again. Which did not get resolved until the next day due to a language barrier.
The town is dirty and the waves were flooding the streets. I stayed about 1 hr because I was so tired of people asking for money, rides, to braid my hair. I went back to the boat.