High Hopes Dashed

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: October 18, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Sky
My wife and I booked on Norwegian as a first for us after hearing rave reviews of the Norwegian Line. Overall appearance of the ship was lovely however other aspects of the ship needed work. I must mention that for my wife and I we are not hard to please especially in relax mode. One of my wife's pet peeves is cleanliness. Unfortunately that is where we hit strike one, towels both for the pool and room were dingy at best. Strike two was the food in the freestyle restaurants. Appeared to be the same menu day after day. Okay for first couple of days but boring after that. Strike three was after being bored with freestyle we went to the restaurants. Unfortunately having to pay additional seemed to be unfair to us after booking an all inclusive cruise. In addition portion sizes were small and almost forced a midnight snack which is something we never do at home. The killer for the trip was service or lack thereof. Only a portion of the crew even greeted you as they passed you in the hall and there appeared to be no one going the extra mile to ensure good service. I believe we are fair people and have agreed not to totally write off the Norwegian line prior to cruising on a different ship, probably not freestyle this time though. Overall the purpose of the cruise was some alone time for my wife and I and that was accomplished so all was not lost. P.S. Our booking agent Emily M. was definitely an highlight of our cruise. I adjusted our arrangements a couple of times with the last one being the Friday before we left and Emily was more than happy to oblige each time. I will definitely book additional trips through Emily.

Not a fan of freestyle menu

Not working to receive gratuity doe not help.

Clean towels could raise to average.

Loved my stateroom

Pros: Balcony stateroom was great!!!!

Cons: Food below expectations

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.