Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A horrible cruise line...

Sail Date: July 23, 2010

I would not recommend Norwegian cruise lines to anyone that is interested in taking a cruise. Norwegian was a huge disappointment compared to the other two cruises that I have been on with Carnival and Royal Caribbean. First of all the food was horrible, everytime that we ate we spent at least an hour in the bathroom sick. The service was horrible, which was made even worse by the fact that they automatically charge you a tip of $12 per day per person which was most certainly not deserved. There was not very much to do on the ship and the room was much smaller than I had though it would be. The room stewards were horrible, they very rarely gave any clean towels and they would just fold up the dirty wet ones and hang them back up for you leaving you with wet and cold towels. When we were on the private island, Great Stirrup Cay, the crew was very rude to both myself and my friend that cruised with me and we left the island very upset. Needless to say, we have written Norwegian demanding a refund of some kind because of the issues that we had. I would most definately rethink your decision to cruise with Norwegian.

Pros: Seeing more of Nassau, which had nothing to do with the cruise line.

Cons: The food and service.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

The food was horrible. We were served curdled milk as well as old wilted vegetables and everytime that we ate while on the ship we ended up in the bathroom for well over an hour sick. It got to the point where we just decided to stop eating.
For the most part the crew and the room stewards and staff were very rude and very unhelpful. The only part of the crew that was friendly in any way was the cruise director staff.
The majority of the entertainment was pretty poor but the shows that were in the theater on Friday night and Sunday night were amazing. There was also a comedian on Saturday night that was very good as well. This was about the only thing on the entire cruise that I really enjoyed.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I really enjoyed that they had several different places for you to swim so that you would not all be jammed into one small beach. The oonly issue was witht he food and the crew that was working on the island. They were very rude to myself and my friend and we were very upset and disappointed with the way we had been treated.
I would most definately try to see the Cloisters if you are visiting Nassau. You will have to take a cab over to Paradise Island but it is well worth it. The Cloisters were absolutely beautiful!