an overall good time

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 31, 2010
For the price of this cruise and the last minute planning it was probably one of the most stress free trips my husband and I have taken. The atmosphere on the ship is totally accepting of all walks of life. If you want to dress up you do. If you want to stay in shorts and tank tops you do. No matter how you look you can go anywhere you want.

The steak house was worth every penny of the cover charge. The italian restaurant was consistently very good, even during the day when there was no cover charge. The main dining room we tried twice and both times felt it was very average and some dishes were actually bad. Part of the problem was the dishes tended to be served cold. The non meal time snacks were very good. Sandwiches and random pizza were good. The pool side bbq was again very average. The breakfast buffet was slightly above average.

The casino was alot of fun. I left the ship with more money than I boarded with.

I found that my service increased greatly after passing around a few bucks. My husband and I took some extra $1 bills to give here and there when needed. The excursion staff was very helpful and informative. The customer service desk was very helpful and polite.

The ship felt a little small, but not so small that you were right on top of each other.

They were on the small side, but felt fairly clean. Housekeeping came 3 times a day.
The large straw market is a few blocks from the boat and had tons of stuff. We did a quick 2 hour snorkle and bay tour. The guide pointed out vacation homes of the rich and famous like oprah and tiger woods.
We went to Wyndham resort it was all inclusive (drinks too). It was like summer camp with alcohol and a trapeze. We had fun. We did the trapeze first, when it rained we stayed in the main hall drank, played pool and ping pong. It stopped raining we snorkeled. Be careful though apparently they have sharks guess how we found out?

Pros: You really can do what you want when you want

Cons: The food in the general dining room was very average

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!