Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very Sub-Par

Sail Date: May 21, 2010

Castaway Cay was very nice for a cruise-company-owned island.
I rate this cruise as fair, simply because compared to any other cruise line (and even past NCL cruises), it didnt even come close. The food, the decor of the boat, the staff, etc., were all marginal at best. Part of the problem with the staff, especially the dining room waiters, is that because of the "freestyle dining", they no longer work toward getting better tips (which I frequently give to great wait-staff I've had on past cruises). Also, the average worker I walked by on the boat rarely said hi, and many didnt even hold a door open for me! Another example would be when we arrived at our room, there were guests in there! The guests claimed their keys let them in, but the staff said the door must have been propped open. I expected much better than this from NCL. My past NCL cruise was on the Norway, which was far a superior experience. The Sky was truley dissapointing.

Pros: Their private Island was nice, and they did a good job during the cruise of preventing long lines pretty much anywhere. Freestyle dining was a neat idea.

Cons: Food was probably the worst of any cruise I've been on, and the same can be said for the service. Workers did not seem nice, rarely even said hello or held a door open for you! The waiters/waitresses were the worst, maybe because of the freestyle dining concept, where you never have the same table

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

our room was near the gangway, so we were woken up by it being lowered every morning.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Very clean, ample beach chairs, well organized, and lunch was served on the island.
RENT A SCOOTER AND FIND YOUR OWN BEACHES/RESORTS. Definitely DO NOT pay the $100+ to spend the day at the Atlantis or Radisson pool. Take a scooter, do some site-seeing, find a nice resort to enjoy their beachfront with a few drinks.