Not good for kids....

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 03, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Sky
This was my second NCL cruise but this second version of freestyle dining is not a good deal. My main complaint is that the food at the free restaurants is really average, its like going to Bob Evans or something like that, is not cruise quality. They have two free venues but both offer the same menu on the same day. I think they should lower the price of the french and italian restaurant. The food at the italian restaurant was comparable to Olive Graden, but I have to pay, not free. The decor on the italian restaurant was so simple...Crossings restaurant decor and service was awful.
My second biggest complaint is about the kids..I have a 4 & 8 year old and when they saw the kids pool, they wanted to get out of the ship!! The kids program is two little rooms in the corner of the ship with a couple of Wii's (so is called the kids corner) . My kids did not like it...although they like the facilitators and that made the difference. Finally, they do not have kids program during the day, so if you wnat to do an adult excursion you have to pay babysiiting fees, and your kids get stuck in the corner....awful. We tried to make the best out of it, but I will not do it again.

My main complaint is that the food at teh free restaurants is really average, its like going to Bob Evans or something like that, is not cruise quality. They have to free venues but both offer the same menu on the same day. I think they should lower the price of the french and italian restaurant. The food at the italian restaurant was comparable to Olive Graden, but I paid like I was in Olive Graden, not free. The decor on the italian restaurant was so simple, no italian feeling...

The comedian show was average at best and although it says is family oriented some of the jokes were too sophisticated for kids.

I have a 4 & 8 year old and when they saw the kids pool, they wanted to get out of the ship!! Is a 1 feet little pool in teh front of the ship with a little waterfall!! Thats it! That might work for 1-3 year old but not for older children. The main pools is small so it was always crowded. The kids program is two little rooms in the corner of the ship with a couple of Wii's (so is called the kids corner) . My kids did not like it...although they like the facilitators and that save the day. Finally, they do not have kids program during the day, so if you want to do an adult excursion you have to pay babysiiting fees, and your kids get stuck in the corner playing wii....I cannot do that to my kids.

Its a small boat, with hawaii decorations all over

This seems to be one of the Hawaii cruises, since all the decoration is hawaian. The room decor is outdated and teh sofabed do not fit in the area designated for it
The port area is chaotic, be careful with your valuables. We did Atlantis Beach day on our own and save big money and time. We took a cab to Atlantis at $4 per person. Atlantis is awesome but is quite expensive
Don't Miss: The Dig at Atlantis
The beach was OK, very little shade areas so they rent you umbrellas for $30. Nothing else to do. They have a waterslide and expect you to pay $20 to slide on it.
To be honest there is nothing in Freeport, we took the cave excursion and the cave were so small I felt cheated.. The beaches were OK.

Pros: Nothing in particular

Cons: Poor kids pool, poor kids program, poor food on the free restaurants

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.