Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Left alot to be desired

Sail Date: June 01, 2009

The ship is beautiful and very clean. The idea of freestyle is the best on the market however, the staff on board is what makes me rate this ship so low. I've been on other cruise lines and the staff was extremely attentive. The staff on other cruise lines made me feel like royalty. The staff on this cruise acted more like fast food restaurant workers. It was unbelievable. They didn't smile or even pretend that they cared what you needed. The freestyle idea is great but the two main dining rooms required you to wait every night. If I wanted to wait 45 minutes to eat and have the hostess give me a buzzer to let me know when a table was ready I would have stayed at home. NCL wants you to pay extra for their other 3 other restaurants on this ship, the specialty restaurants. You pay $10-25 to eat at the specialty restaurants and if you want something "special" at those restaurants you have to pay extra on top of that. We stuck with the non-specialty restaurants but the service was so slow and uninspired. I hope anyone who paid extra got better service.

Pros: The freestyle idea

Cons: The staff

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.