Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not So Great Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Hello All Future NCL Sky Cruiser's:
I will start by saying this was my sixth cruise and my first with NCL. This was a last minute getaway for my 9 and 12 year old children and it was their 1st time on a cruise.

I read many reviews on the NCL Sky and I felt people were being outrageous with there comments. Well I should have taken their advise. The staff was Great, and the ship is one of NCL oldest but in excellent condition. Now as for the food which may be important to some and not to others. The buffet needs a make over and A new chef, better planned menu and a lot more season not just salt and pepper. Hamburgers and fries during the day time is not what people are paying for. I'm not sure about your taste in food but don't waste your time having dinner at the 11 floor buffet at all, go to the main dinning, the food is very good there. Last, I would like to know why this ship this size have only one ice cream machine with hundreds of kids wanting ice cream and don't forget adults eat ice cream as well.

I just returned back on 11/7/08 and I'm online writing the reviews while its fresh on my mind. I'm also booking another cruise as well just not with NCL. I rate this ship a 4 out of 10. Going back to Royal and I'm sorry I waited to the last minute. Royal is the best for your hard earn money great food, great service, and great ships.

Cruiser from New Jersey

Pros: Staff was Great

Cons: Food was Bad

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.