Nice cruise with family

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 01, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Sky
This is the 2nd cruise that I have taken this year (the previous one on a competitor's ship) so I am easily able to compare and contrast between the cruise lines. The Norwegian Sky is an older ship but fairly well maintained for that. However, you cannot get past the crowding in the buffet area where lines were encountered. They did their best to open up other areas to reduce the lines but still felt very crowded. Staff were always available to provide anti-microbial hand wash and to point you to other less crowded sections.

Food was good but not that imaginative; however, since I was traveling with kids, we did not eat in one of the restuarants where you had to pay additional money. Food may have been better there.

The nightly shows were good - especially the 1st night with the band. I was hoping to have a really high quality show on the last night at sea; however, it was a variety show with some mainly goofy skits. I still can't figure out if the "magician" they had on board actually did any "magic" or if he was just there to be sarcastic. However, he was very funny and the kids really loved his act.

Staff always very friendly and available to answer questions.

Room was nice - plenty of room for 2 of us. Could have used more drawer space for storing clothes and other things

Cons: The lines in the buffet

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!