Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fair cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We just got back from our cruise on the NCL Sky the last weekend of March 2010.

This was my husbands 1st time to cruise and my 5th. I was very disspointed with how small our statrroom was and with the presentation and the taste of the buffets. We ate from the buffet 2 times, dinner the first night and breakfast the next morning. The lines were always very long, I think it was due to the made to order items which were pasta and waffels, They were at the beginning of the line so others did not know to pass in line. When we eat in the resturants the presentation of the food, taste and service were very good, the bad thing was that we never got our food at the same time, I would get mine then my husbands would come 10 minutes later.

We had a inside stateroom with a king bed. The bed was comfortable but the room itself was so small that only one person could move at a time, the other had to stay on the bed or go in the bathroom. Our bathroom was not very clean but I think it just depends on your room steward.

This is a great ship if you like to party. The ship has 20 bars, but since that is not really my thing anymore I was disapointed in the lack of onboard entertainment.
There are 2 pools and 1 wading pool . The pools were Ice cold, I was suprised that they weren't heated. I don't think I ever saw anyone in the pools. There are 5 hot tubs and they were always full.

I would not bring my children on this cruise. There teen area is very small and there is not much for small children to do. The one show that they have is at 8:00 PM and can be a little racy. They don't offer any shows for children . We took a boat over to their Island the "Great Stirrup Cay." The island was beautiful and everyone seemed to be having a great time but the water was very cold. I guess this is due to all the cold weather this winter.

" BEWARE". YOU MIGHT BE SHOCKED WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR FINLE BILL.! HERE IS A HEADS UP. The last evening of your cruise you will recieve your bill, there will be 18% tax added to anything you bought such as sodas, drinks at the bar, drinks from the coffee bar, ect. There will also be a $12.00 A DAY "PER PERSON" SERVICE
CHARGE. This can be very expensive if you have a family of three or four or if you are not expecting it. They will take it off of your bill if you ask. we tipped our cabin steward and our wait person in the resturants with cash. These services are split up between the people on the ship. I felt that since we paid 18% every time we bought a drink or soda and we tipped the people that took care of us, I did not see the reason to pay the $24.00 a day service charge for myself and my husband.

So to sum it up. If you are not taking children, want to be able to eat what you want when you want to, Like bars and a good variety of music, Don't want to have to dress up for dinner or shows and get a good price then this is the cruise for you. I would however recommend getting a room with an ocean view or balcony as the rooms are bit larger.

I hope that this rewiew helps you.

Pros: Comfortable beds, Concept of freestyle cruising, 24 hour room service.

Cons: The inside staterooms are very small, Buffet food did not taste very good, very generic,

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.