First time Norwegian cruiser

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: July 27, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Sky
I was very impressed with the ship. It was the smoothest sail I've ever been on. I never knew when we were sailing unless I looked out the window.

I was very unhappy with the food selection. As I said I've previously sailed w/Carnival on several occasions and this is the first time I could not find anything on the menu that I wanted to eat. And of the 4 day cruise, only one meal was ok. I was very disappointed. Also I was used to the deck having a grill w/hamburgers, fries, hotdogs, etc. served. On the Norwegian Sky there was only a bar on the deck. I'm sorry but from this experience, I don't think I'll sail on Norwegian again. I'd like to add that even though this is free style cruising, often we had to wait to be seated in the dining area, and a lot of tables like mine had only 2 people seated. I don't think it would hurt to at least fill up a table instead of letting the patrons wait on a long line. One night I was so hungry I ran up to deck 11 to get something to calm my stomach until I was called.

If it had not been a rainy day, I believe I would have enjoyed this port more, but for the most part, the food at the Windham resort was very good. Only downside was they advertised dance lessons, which don't start until 5pm, we were back on the ship by that time, so I don't think that should be included. I happen to like dancing.
Don't Miss: All of the ports were good. But I must say that if I hadn't selected an excursion, there wouldn't be much to do at Freeport.
I loved Paradise Island, though the excursion I choose tour of Atlantis I could've done on my own for less money, and still see the hotel and go to the beach. I think that excursion should add something extra, a lunch snack, etc. then you'll feel you got your money's worth. Fellow cruisers saw the same thing we saw and they went on their own.
Don't Miss: All I saw was nice.
I loved this the best. The food was great! The water and floats that were made available was excellent. I wish this part of the cruise had been a little longer.

Pros: I really enjoyed the private island day at the beach.

Cons: The food

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.