Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A girls cruise

Sail Date: June 01, 2009

The pool did not appear to be large enough to accomodate everyone.

Pros: My girls loved The Outriggers each night because of karaoke. Enjoyed Free Style dining but it was never explained that formal night was whatever night you wanted it to be I guess. We were given every answer but that one.

Cons: Maybe I didn't understand when I booked but I was shocked to see that the 4th bed was a small pull out sofa. My daughter was very uncomfortable on it and it squeaked. Everything that was extra on the ship was also very expensive. Drinks were anywhere from $10-12. Private island was too crowded.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

The hamburgers at the Garden Cafe were not good. The Crossings and The Palace were the two other restaurants that you could eat at without paying extra. The food was really good but my daughter was turned away one night at The Crossings because she had on dressy shorts. Shorts are not allowed after 5:00...doesn't matter if they are dressy.
The room was very small but we expected that. However we were under the impression that we would have two pull down beds from the wall instead of one.
The staff was friendly but some of the information that we were seeking, such as information about formal night, was not explained to us. They told us that we would get an itenerary each day and it would let us know when formal night would be. This lead us to believe that there would be a "formal night" that everyone would recognize. It was no big deal to me but it was very important to my girls and that is who the trip was for.
We enjoyed the shows each night. The commedian was great! The director had some adult humor the last night that was a little too riskee for my taste.
The ship was very clean. We did not feel hardly any motion such as rocking, etc. Therefor, we did not have to take medicine for sea sickness. This was nice!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
We enjoyed floating around in the water but couldn't really relax because there were soooo many people around you. You were constantly concerned about bumping into someone else. The water and sand is beautiful there!!!! Just a small space for lots of people.
Don't Miss: The water!!!
We enjoyed shopping around and Senor Frogs at Nassau. The straw market was just packed with people and merchandise. Again, they would not just let you look without aggravating you to buy from them. I thought if I heard, "Hey Lady you want..." one more time.... It is a fun place though. We enjoyed it!!
Don't Miss: Senor Frogs
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We just enjoyed the beach at Freeport. It was nice. They will NOT leave you alone on the beach though. They push their merchandise at you and want you to buy them or keep asking you to braid your hair.
Don't Miss: The beach