NCL - False advertising

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 20, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Sky
The Norwegian Star cruise ship itself was fine. But I took the cruise to see the Bahamas. Two island stops were advertised, but due to windy seas the stop on Grand Stirrup Cay was canceled. They said taking a Tender to the island was unsafe. NCL had no backup island or port. A business can't advertise a product (island stop) and then cancel it without atonement. If they advertised their private island as "weather permitting" I would have chosen't another cruise line that only stops at real ports and doesn't depend of using a Tender to reach the island. I'll never use NCL again! I don't like to be cheated!

All the staff were great except for the captain. I believe he could have waited for the weather to calm down before leaving the island we were to visit.

We had a interesting tour of the city
Don't Miss: Paradise Island and the Atlantis Hotel

Pros: Cruising was fine

Cons: Our shop did not stop at Grand Stirrup Cay Island as the cruise advertised

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.