Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very enjoyable cruise, great staff!

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

This was not the first cruise for my wife and I, nor are we very picky people I must say. Compared to Carnaival the food was much better in taste and presentation. Also the staff was so very nice and helpful. The staff on Carnival would run you over if you were in their way. We found the ship very nice and in good condition contrary to other reviews. We had a clean cabin, which we thought was decent in size. For those of you that complain about the size of your cabin, what do you expect? We had no issues with broken or not working items. I was worried because after I booked this ship I read the reviews and saw all the negative reviews, but now I am fully convinced some people just have to find a fault with most everything. My wife and I give much credit to all that are employeed on the Sky and thank you very much. One complaint was not with NCL, but with the parents of the wondering bothersome childern on board. Just because it is free style cruising and you are on a ship which means they can't really go anywhere, DOES NOT mean you should let them run free to make little pests of themselves. My only other comment is...although it is "freestyle crusing" some rules were put in place such as not shorts in the dining rooms after 5pm, but everynight there wer many people not following the rules that were clearly posted, I feel they were posted and the staff had the right to enforce them, but did not witness this at all.

Pros: Food was excellent

Cons: a lot of young kids for Oct

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

Good condition, very clean
Compared to Carnival, all the food from buffets to restaurants was more than wonderful, for those of you that complained about crowded buffets, again what did you expect with that many people in a confned area
No complaints about the room itself, experienced a noise outside our port window last night of cruise and was taken care of imemediatly
The staff was more than professional and polite. Great Job!
Always had something goin on, bingo was slightly expensive. Sing along with Leo was awesome, and Comedian on board was funny as heck