Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Some good points and some bad

Sail Date: October 20, 2008

This was my first cruise and I went because I had heard so many great things about the food and service and overall experience. I must say the only really exceptional meal we had was the one we paid a service charge for. The rest of the food was average at best. The kid friendly environment consisted of a Kid's Korner were parents could dump their kids for hours on end. The staff were very friendly and my children had a good time when they were there but I was interested in vacationing WITH them not leaving them somewhere. The kid's pool was a 2 foot deep area with a hot tub that was working only one day I was on board.
The saving factors onboard were:
1. The steward that left creative towel animals in the room for the kids.
2. The restaurant staff that were very friendly and helpful.
3. The excursion crew that helped up with landings.

Pros: I liked the crew. They were very friendly and helpful.

Cons: I booked this trip because it boasted a kid friendly enviroment, but it really wasn't.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.