The WORST CRUISE I have ever experienced

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: October 01, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Sky
I have sailed many times on many cruise lines. Perhaps it is a result of the short itinerary -- and perhaps a result of Norwegian cutting corners in our current market. But whatever the reason, this voyage was truly vile. Our room, a balcony suite, was filthy. Stomach turning sewer odors permeated the halls and elevator shafts. The dining staff was entirely difficult and unaccommodating. The pubic facilities were extremely modest and unkept. And the food was vulgar. I am not a difficult person to please and have NOT EVER complained about any travel experience I have had before. I look at most opportunities such as these as blessings, but this was truly disgusting. I wish I had known about the ship and its features before I booked.

Even the request for a simple banana was regarded by the staff as an inconvenience. And if you are by chance health conscious, this is a nightmare of an array of junk food. Vegetarians beware: my veggie companion practically starved on this voyage.

Yawn...

The most rude staff ... and the ONLY rude staff ... I have ever encountered at sea.

Everything was filthy, worn, and smelly. I wanted a body glove. I would have expected more from a 3rd world cruise line.

Pros: The moment we were allowed to disembark...

Cons: The snippy, rude attitudes of the staff, the horrifying food, and the condition of the ship.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.