Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

In Desparate Need of Some Work!

Sail Date: July 01, 2008

Started off badly and it took two days to recover. Problem with our balcony stateroom; no others available; DOWNGRADED to an interior cabin which was cramped; shore personnel were useless (on purpose by the home office); finally got some staisfaction when I spoke with the hotel manager who was apologetic and helpful. DON'T DEAL WITH ANYONE ELSE: THEY CAN"T HELP! There were a lot of unhappy customers; ship needs a lot of work; expect toilet and a/c problems. I would give this ship at least until early '09 to work out all of the problems.

Pros: Getting Away

Cons: Problems with Stateroom

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

A lot of mechanical problems and a/c was working properly. I think NCL didn't properly plan for this ship to move from Miami/Bahamas from Hawaii. Hot and humid all the time doesn't allow for the a/c to cut out. Dining rooms were warm, almost hot.
Additional cost dining rooms were excellent; other dining rooms were OK; staff were very pleasant, food was fair at best. I'm not a big fan of "Freestyle" Crusing, another word for buffet for the masses. I liked sitting with the same people and getting to know them, especially on this cruise we were traveling without another couple.
cruise director Matt Baker was great