Norwegian Sky (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was my first Norwegian cruise. I have sailed with Carnival 4 other times. I almost always choose the southern Caribbean. The service on this ship was excellent, much better than any Carnival ship I had been on. Our embarkation was smooth and very relaxed, no waiting in line. Our inside stateroom was not as small as many books I had read had reported. I had plenty of room in the closet for 7 days worth of clothes. My room steward was great. He was very friendly. The freestyle dining was great. I would highly recommend Norwegian to anyone who wants a relaxing vacation. We went to dinner when we wanted. The service in the dining room and the buffet dining area was excellent. The food in the dining room was very good with great presentation and selection. My husband and I had a table for two every night. If you like dining with new people you are also welcome to sit with different people every night or the same people. It is your choice. The food in the buffet restaurant was hit or miss. Some things were very good and others not. The quality of desserts and breads on this ship were that of a neighborhood bakery. Everything fresh every day. They also have a chocoholic buffet that is out of this world. The entertainment was top notch. Debarkation was so pleasant compared to Carnival. We had a leisurely breakfast in the dining room and waited in our stateroom to be called. It was so much better than being herded in a lounge for a long time like on the Carnival ships. The only problems I had with the cruise ship were: The bed was too hard; They have too much of a gap between breakfast and lunch; We went on a shore excursion on the island of Antigua for snorkeling. It was a nice boat ride and a great walk up a cliff with great views but the snorkeling was disappointing to say the least. Overall I thought it was the most relaxing cruise I have taken and we thoroughly enjoyed it.