Norwegian Sky (RETIRED) Cruise Review

I just completed my first NCL cruise (4th overall) on the Sky on December 15th. It was the best cruise I have been on. The ship's staff made every day wonderful as they were all so friendly, even those that were not directly serving you. With the exception of the casino staff, everyone looked like they genuinely were enjoying their jobs. The food was better in quality and quantity than the other lines I have sailed. I really liked the freestyle dining as it gave us great flexibility in what and when we were going to do things. I did not try the $10 luxury restaurants because the standard free dining rooms were just super themselves. The ship is now 3 years old, but if you told me that I was on its maiden voyage I would believe you--there was not a sign of wear or tear anywhere. The beaches on all of the islands we stopped at were awesome, and we enjoyed the best snorkeling we've ever had. There were not really hardly any specific sightseeing spots on any of the islands, just the normal cruise port shopping districts and lots of wonderful beaches. The crew was from 55 different countries, including all of the eastern European ones, which I thought added a lot of interesting diversity to the trip. They loved talking about their homelands and cultures.