Norwegian Sky (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Due to higher security, embarkation required a wait outside for about 30 minutes. We arrived at the port approximately 11:30 A.M. There were no lines -- we were on the ship and in our cabin by 12:00. We had our first meal at the buffet on deck 11. After reading other reviews, we were pleasantly surprised at the delicious variety of food. All our breakfast and lunch meals were eaten at the buffet. We never waited in long lines and always found a table. We thoroughly enjoyed all of our meals in the dining rooms. We tried both Four Seasons and Seven Seas and the dining staff were wonderful in both. We never waiting more than 5 minutes to be seated at a table for 2; the majority of times we were seated immediately. We dined at Le Bistro and Horizons Italian Restaurants, for a cover charge of $10.00 per person. The experience was excellent. But we never had a bad meal at the two main dining rooms. We were able to get more than one entree whenever my husband requested. The entertainment was excellent. MY Producers, Sea Legs and the Polynesian Revue, etc., were of a very high quality. While the Stardust Lounge had some problem with poles being in the way, we always found a seat in which we could comfortably enjoy the shows. The dancers were extremely talented. We don't have children, and we enjoyed doing whatever we wanted to do. I found the Aerobic Room more than adequate. I was kept quite busy. Really enjoyed working with Julie and Tim. They gave us all a true workout. This was the first cruise out of 12 that I worked for my tee-shirt and proudly got it. I was so busy, I missed events, I may have liked to do. The spa treatments were exquisite, and the staff was very professional. Though the rooms were smaller than most, we thoroughly enjoyed our balcony on Deck 10. It was our first balcony and believe me, it will be hard to go back to our usual choice of cabins. Fanning Island is not ready yet for the usual beach day island. They say approximately 6 months or so. But we thoroughly enjoyed getting in the warm waters. We were told ahead of time in the daily paper we received in our rooms, that water and some food items would be available on the island, so we did not purchase the water from the girls as we were leaving the ship. We would like to return someday and see Fanning Island as it will be in the future. We are already booked for the Norwegian Sun, and would go again on the Sky in a minute. Freestyle gratuities was so easy, no more counting money and filling envelopes.We loved the disembarkation. We were off the ship and checked into our post cruise hotel by 10:35 a.m. after a leisurely breakfast and a short wait in our room until our color tag was called.