Norwegian Sky (RETIRED) Cruise Review

My husband and I took the final cruise of the season (9/17/00) to Alaska. This was our first cruise. We had a wonderful time! The ship is beautiful, the crew was helpful and always friendly. Our cabin steward was great - he was very attentive but not intrusive. We visited Glacier Bay (breath-taking), Haines, Skagway, Juneau and Ketichikan. The shore excursions were well organized and fun. I have asthma and I chose to cruise with Norwegian because they offer non-smoking staterooms and do not allow smoking in the indoor restaurants or theatre. I wish the other cruise lines would implement the same policy. The food was plentiful and very acceptable. (However, I did find that the roasted meat available at dinner was usually too rare for my taste). One other minor complaint about the food service is that soda should be FREE - instead of $1.50 per can!! Despite these two minor complaints, we give the Norwegian Sky and its crew our highest recommendation!!