Norwegian Sea (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was my 4th cruise and first with Norwegian. Let's get one thing straight. For the price, I thought this was a very nice trip -- 5 days/4 nights for around $300 per person. The food was excellent. I was extremely surpised to see other reviews bashing the food. I thought the food was of good quality and taste. The ship was a bit older but not bad, having plenty of space by the pool area. I thought the staff was friendly, especially the waiters. Now the bad stuff... The rooms were poor at best. The furniture was outdated and the room tiny. The bathroom, forget it.. I can honestly say that was the smallest bathroom I had ever been in. The activities were nothing to write home about. Unless you're a gambler or art purchaser, you were basically out of luck. There were very few activities for anyone my age (28) except to hang-out by the pool, which wasn't totally bad except for the fact that there wasn't anyone single on this trip. The activities for the kids were nowhere near as good as Carnival. The tours were outrageously priced (even for a cruise) and Belize City is pretty much a waste of time. Cozumel is gorgeous.In summation, if you are looking for elegance and big staterooms you better try Celebrity or Royal Caribbean or maybe even one of Norwegian's new ships. If you're bringing kids, try Carnival but if your looking for a nicely priced cruise with good food, this is the place to go. I thought the freestyle concept was pure genious. I would definitely travel Norwegian again, just on a different ship.