Norwegian Sea (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Returned on 6/9/02 from the Bahamas on the Norwegian Sea, from NYC. I have cruised several times in the past and was pleasantly surprised by NCL and the Freestyle concept. Actually I LOVE THE FREESTYLE concept. It was great not having to be in a specific dining room at a certain time for first or second seating. The staff and service was excellent. My parents, who had never cruised before, absolutely enjoyed themselves. The tender taking people to the island, yes, they could have had another, but they gave out tickets and called them to board the tender. Once on the island the BBQ was great as were the activities. You could snorkel, rent a raft or do nothing. See the pattern - vacations are to do NOTHING - not worry about the little stuff. My only complaint was that we had to turn around to assist the Coast Guard in a search and rescue. The ship had reported an overturned pleasure craft in the water and instead of stopping and waiting for instructions from the Coast Guard the ship continued and had to turn around. The only thing this did was change our itinerary a little bit. We went to Great Stirrup Cay on Wednesday instead of Thursday and the Bahamas on Thursday.As far as the excursions, I went on the Powerboat ride-man what a rush! The speed was definitely worth it. I've done the tours and the dolphin encounter in the past, so this was new and exciting.Going to the Bahamas from NY was perfect since after 9/11 my parents won't fly. There were five of us traveling, My parents, my niece (age 18), my daughter (age 17) and me. Believe me when I say we had a blast.