Norwegian Sea (RETIRED) Cruise Review

My wife and I have cruised with another cruise line in the past and had such a great time with them that we aere afraid to switch. We did, however, and we have no regrets. The embarkation was a lot smoother than we had expected. After the September event we were ready for long lines, but there weren't any. We arrived about 1:00 PM so we could get on the ship and start our cruise right away. We didn't have to wait to get in our rooms like we did on other ships. The ship wasn't as big as the other ships we have sailed on but what it lacked in size, the crew made up for in kindness. Everybody, and I mean everybody, was so nice. I love the Freestyle cruising concept. We had a great time on other ships but we didn't know how rushed we really were until we used the Freestyle cruising. We could eat whenever we wanted, and when it was time for dinner, we had the choice between 2 (formal) dining rooms, the Big Apple Cafe, Labestroe, and two poolside buffets. For those who are counting, that is 6 options. The only real down side to the ship is that while eating in one of the dining rooms, you can hear a slight hum from the engines. It is so slight that if I hadn't told you, you probably wouldn't notice it. The room service food selection actually had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the list. My 4-year-old daughter fell aseep at 7 PM one night so I went back to the room with her and we ordered room service. The entertainment was as good as on any other ship we had been on. There weren't as many selections, but it didn't matter. We spent a lot of time in the evenings on deck eating from one of the buffets, watching our daughter swim, and listening to the steel drum band play. It was one of the most relaxing times I have ever had! We will DEFINITELY cruise on the Norwegian Sea again. As the matter of fact, we are planning a weekend get away for December, 2002. Thanks Norwegian Sea!!!