Norwegian Pearl

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Pearl

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 13, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 11026

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I had a wonderful time- I ate, I drank, I laughed, I made new friends.

Embarkation

Took us maybe 30mins at most to embark. We went around 12:30, rooms weren’t ready until 1:30 but our steward was nice enough to allow us to drop our bags off so we were lifting them around with us.

Ship experiences

The food was well seasoned. We ate at summer palace and indigo, they had the same menu; indigo was just more intimate of a setting. We also tried Lotus Garden, their Asian restaurant- wasn’t too fond of this place. The menu was very limited, the sushi (which is extra) was also limited. I think the fried rice was the only thing my husband and I actually completely ate. Of all places, O’Sheehan’s was our most favorite! Their wings were delicious, we also enjoyed the spinach dip, fish and chips, and burger. The cheese on the nachos were always lukewarm at best. I typically only ate breakfast at the buffet but it was always great with a nice variety.

Every night was a show, the best was the legends in concert. My husband and I even went to see it the second showtime. They also had a comedy show (it was just ok), aerial show (amazing!) and some game shows like newly weds, perfect couple, deal or no deal. There were also sports tournaments, parties, movies on the 7th deck. The cruise and activities is really what you make it. You will find at least 1-2 things you’ll enjoy every day.

Our room steward, Randi, was amazing! Our room was always nicely made when we went back after our daily activities. All the other personnel was great too, didn’t meet anyone that was not kind. One bartender at the java on 7th deck was also really great, even learned our family by name and drinks. The O’Sheehan bartender who calls himself ice cube was hilarious and great too.

Ship tip

If you don’t want to wait for your cabin to ready, board after 1pm that way you’re not carrying your bags around. Cagney’s and Teppanyaki sold out by the 3rd day, if you want to eat there- book ahead of time. To avoid waiting in long lines, close your onboard account the morning the day before you leave and just pay cash the rest of the day if need be. Buy alcohol off the ship, it’s typically cheaper than whatever they’re offering on board. Eat at different places, they all have different things to offer. Have fun! Don’t focus on what you don’t like or try comparing it to another ship/CruiseLine, make the most of what they do have.

Ports of call

Harvest Caye, Belize

We had an excursion to do parasailing but it was canceled so we hung out at the beach, played volleyball, went to the pool that had a swim-up bar. Honestly, I had the best time here just hanging out with my family.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

It was raining and super windy when we came, our ATV excursion was canceled so we walked around the shopping area right off the port. The mosquitoes really ate me up so bring repellent. It wasn’t much we wanted to buy since the tequila factory was closed, we settled for burritos (which was amazing) then went back on the ship after only being off for maybe 1.5hrs.

Miami, Florida

It was raining when we got in, so we did not do much here.

Disembarkation

We did the easy walk-off carrying our own luggage, took maybe 30-45mins to get off. Really easy.