Very enjoyable Caribbean Cruise

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)
Review: 1
Helpful Votes: 2

Overall rating:

3.8 out of 5
Norwegian Pearl

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 18, 2018

Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Couple

Reviewed: 2 years ago

Review summary

It was our first cruise and for the most part very enjoyable. As I said earlier in the review, 75% of the staff on board were there to make sure you had a good time, the other 25% were not. Unfortunately, they are the ones you remember. We kept busy all day with onboard entertainment which was very good especially the comedian. Vincent was very uplifting and a great cruise director.

Embarkation

4 out of 5
Just as expected.

Ship experiences

Food and Dining

4 out of 5
For the most part the food was really good, many satisfying choices. The specialty dinner I was looking for to the most was the biggest disappointment, Carney’s Steak House. I think the bar staff works the hardest all throughout the ship and most of them were very friendly. However, there were a few that were downright rude and, unfortunately, those are the ones that you remember the most. Especially when it was on your first day and it was your first cruise! The chairs in the Sheehan’s bar (the ones at the tables that overlook the Atrium) are impossible to sit in. They are designed for the legs of the green giant.

Shaker's Martini & Cocktails Bar

5 out of 5

Great music, drinks and staff.

Great Outdoors Bar

5 out of 5

Never a disappointment, good food and good drinks.

Teppanyaki

5 out of 5

Excellent and fun!

Cagney's Steakhouse

1 out of 5

Terrible! The fillet I ordered tasted like lighter fluid and the shrimp in the shrimp cocktail were mushy and small.

Onboard Activities

3 out of 5
The pool area was small and we never seemed to get chairs as we we were not early risers and not ones to save empty chairs all day.

Entertainment

4 out of 5
There were to many to list but enjoyed them all and stayed busy all day. The comedian was excellent.

Service and Staff

4 out of 5
Mixed. I’d say 75% of the staff was there to make sure your ship board experience was fun and exciting. The other 25% were either working to hard to notice any one or they were miserable in their job. The latter should not be in the hospitality business.

Ship Quality

4 out of 5

Cabin / Stateroom

4 out of 5
The cabin was roomier than anticipated and plenty of storage space. All suite cases were able to be stored under the bed.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

4 out of 5

Cozumel, Mexico

4 out of 5

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

3 out of 5

Harvest Caye, Belize

4 out of 5

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

3 out of 5

Disembarkation

2 out of 5
Not sure how they could do this different but it involved standing in a long line for a long time.
Was this review helpful? 2

Be the first to comment

Leave a comment

Remember: Be polite and respectful. Our diverse community is home to members with different opinions and a broad range of cruise experiences.

Other reviews of this sailing