Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great Cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2014

I love NCL they are a great company and I only book their cruises however I wasn't highly impressed with the boat itself. I sort of felt like the boat was a maze. There was a lot of up and downs and around here or there to get somewhere. Also it would be nice if you could walk a full circle around the boat without having to go up and down stairs or through dining areas. The only level this is offered is deck 6. The other main complaint for this ship was that a lot of the outdoor activities are limited or based on weather conditions. We had a very rocky cruise which isn't anyone's fault but the rock climbing was only available 1/7 days\, the golf swing was rarely available\, and on the basketball courts they took the basketballs away a lot because of the motion of the boat. This is all fine but other than walking or swimming there wasn't much to do outdoors when these conditions hit. Also on day 1 there was a ping pong table which was nice but I didn't see it again until day 6.

Pros: The ability to eat at any hour of the day with multiple options no matter what time it was

Cons: The Pearl outdoor activities are limited to the weather conditions or only available limited hours

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

Minus the outdoor rant I had above\, the boat had tons of other activities and a few nice surprises like a midnight chocolate buffet. Everyday they give you a detailed breakdown of every single activity throughout the whole day\, hour by hour.
\"Washy washy happy happy\" Thats what the cruise says before you enter every restaurant. They are all helpful\, happy\, and professional.
LOVED OUR ROOM. We had a balcony room and in the past I've always had ocean view so this was def worth the price to upgrade for the extra space. The room was bigger and the bathroom was a lot bigger\, you could actually move. The balcony space was also larger than expected. I hear the newer boats have smaller balconies but I think those would still be great. Worth the extra price and it wasn't even that much extra because we waited for deals for free upgrades which helped
Food was great. No complaints here. There were plenty of options and I enjoyed being able to go to a late dinner or just stay in the room and order room service for a tiny tiny fee of $3 ( order how ever much you want)
As stated above the layout was a little difficult but the decor was nice and it was always clean which is a major bonus of NCL. I always feel like they take great care of the ship in terms of cleanliness. There were also tons of public areas where you could still find time to yourself.