Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Glacier bay cruise

Sail Date: June 14, 2015

When reading this review keep in mind that me and my wife know  a lot of the  crew members on the Pearl because of the  business she has in Miami. Boarding was a breeze in Seattle. I was a little bit surprised to see the  ship docked in what seemed like  downtown.  There was a  little bit of a problem because my wife has a  Philippines passport. But  that was  quickly taken care of  when she showed  them her green card.

Once aboard the buffet was open. We  got enough to eat to carry  us over until the  party started up top. The weather in Seattle could not have  been better.

The first day is at sea and it was flat out cold outside. But I'm from south Florida. Of course there  were a few brave souls  in the  hot tubs.

The weather in Juneau was nice. We did the  Mendenhall glacier explorer with the  tram. This is where I  should have  listened to a crew member  we know. He recommended taking the  helicopter tour. I wish we had of done that after  seeing  Glacier bay. And as it turns out I  talked to  some people on the  ship that  went on  the  helicopter and they said  it wasn't that cold  on the  glacier. We didn't have a lot of  time to spend at the summit where the  tram goes, so I really can't give  an opinion.

Skagway was cold around the  docks but in town, a short walk away, it was nice. We walked around the  town a little bit and talked  with  some local people.

The  next day  was Glacier bay. All I can  say  about it is the  pictures don't do it  justice. It's  just  something  you  have to see. There was a little  light  rain and  snow but it  cleared up as the day  went by.

Ketchikan is another nice  little  town. My sister did the fishing excursion here. She had a great time. A pod of  orcas came through just as a girl was reeling in her catch. I saw the photo of the fish that was she was left with. There was  not much left of her  catch.

The last day was sailing. We got to  Victoria at 6pm. Me and my wife got  off the ship.  Walked around  a bit and nothing else. We were both exhausted and ready to go back to the  real world.

The  buffet was open when we got to  Seattle. We got a  good  breakfast and once the ship cleared customs it was 15 minutes at the most we were back in the  real world . We used Shuttle express to and from the airport. It was 22 dollars per person.

The cabin was a little bit on the small side. But considering that you're not spending a lot of time there and it was only a week. Overall it was fine. The one thing that I liked to do was open the balcony door a little bit at night. Hearing the sea go by was so nice.