Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fabulous boat, super crew and staff and terrific food

Sail Date: March 16, 2015

My husband and I are in our late 40's and we thoroughly enjoyed this cruise. The boat is in top shape for its age and the room and serving staff were so great we will have to get used to the new normal at restaurants etc. on land. The food was our favorite thing and we are a bit snobby about food.   We like to eat new and differently prepared food and we were not disappointed.   The first sea day we were happy to see lobster pasta in the buffet!  The lobster pieces were nearly golf ball sized along with large shrimp, mussels in shell and jumbo scallops.  Wow was it delicious.  I mentioned I eat low carb so the server gave me practically all seafood and no pasta.

Examples: Smoked duck on greens, crab cakes, raw beef carpaccio salad, veggie tempura, battered calamari with aoli, sashimi appetizer with sauce, prime rib was served in two different free restaurants on different nights, a tender and flavorful strip steak was on the everyday menu as well as a very nice lasagna my husband enjoyed. We ate in one specialty restaurant the Brazilian steakhouse and it was fabulous. The freestyle dining was perfect for us and we did not wait for a table for 2 more than a minute at any time.

We loved the shows and felt they were of a very high caliber overall. Especially the singers and dancers. They were top notch.  I have seen Reba McIntyre do Annie Get Your Gun on Broadway and enjoyed the Norwegian Pearls song and dance shows even more. The had a crew and staff talent show that was really nice as well. Some unexpected talent like the washy washy singing guitar guy at the buffet sang One in a Million like a boss!  Embarking and disembarking was fine. Going on was a bit of a wait, but we were at prime time so we were not surprised. We tendered at Tortolla which brought us there late, but the fault did not lie with the boat, it was the shore holding things up.  All the other ports were great and the staff really welcome you back on board in a fun way singing and dancing. We were able to get on a very last minute ship sponsored excursion (only 30 minutes before!) on the island tour by train in Antigua. It was great and the drinks were stiff and without extra charge. A Pina Colada is highly recommended as is being on the open upper part of the train.

We got a free excursion through and chose the sail and snorkel to St. Johns.  The boat was nice, the crew were super fun and very accommodating wanting everyone to have a good time. They served a yummy Italian lunch in the middle of the excursion with free rum drinks like Nooners and Painkillers, beer, soft drinks, etc. The other guests seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did.  I would do this cruise again in a minute and plan to cruise again with Norwegian.