Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean

Freestyle Dining is horrible!

Sail Date: November 01, 2013

Overall the only super negatives were the dining experiences. We went to summers palace (the main dining room) the first two night and were NOT impressed. When you order something you have expectations on how it should look when you get it and we were thrown for a loop several times. One of my friends ordered a Greek salad\, it didn't even have lettuce. Another friend ordered smoked salmon and it was this tartar looking thing\, I don't even know what that was. We gave up on summer palace and booked a dinner at the Brazilian steakhouse and one of my poor friends kept getting the shaft. All he wanted was some filet mignon and when they finally came around with it they ran out when they got to him. We asked them to bring him some and about half an hour later they finally brought it to him. They came out of the kitchen constantly with new offerings but would always run out before they got to our table. They always went to every table before ours. Let me point out that one of these tables was a table of employees. So we gave up there too. The following night we tried reserving a table for 8 at indigo (the other main dining room). They said it was first come first serve\, I later found that was a lie. We were given a wait time of 10-15 minutes and they gave us a buzzer\, we went back to check on the progress after half an hour and was told 10-15 again. By this time it was past 9 and my party was getting cranky. We headed to the buffet for dinner instead. Too bad they had closed it down about 10 minutes prior to set up for a chocolate buffet. I wish they had been honest about the wait time at the beginning. By this point everyone was cranky and we headed to the cafe above guest services and ate a few hot dogs..... Disappointing. Luckily guest services was just downstairs and we were able to make our grievances known after speaking to 5 different people before getting to someone who could actually do something.
The final night we wanted to try indigo but I was told that

Pros: Our room steward\, Aldrin

Cons: You have to make a reservation every night for dinner and they could never accommodate us

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

It was ok\, I've seen better though.
We had a group of 8 of us and 3 off us had balconies right next door and they were able to open the balcony doors between the rooms which was awesome! When we first got to our cabin the room was dirty\, we didn't have any glasses\, some of the items were missing from the mini fridge and our ship towels had stains all over them. They explained that the person who previously made that room was new and they rectified the situation quickly.
If they didn't have free style dining it would be better or at least make it an option for people. When you have the same servers every night the service is better. Instead they just have a server working and they aren't necessarily too worried about your experience because they will probably never see you again.
Did a pub hop and comedy show and they were fantastic\"