Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Aft suites best for viewing glacier bay

Sail Date: May 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

Good family ship. We loved the priority boarding etc. for suites travelers. We also thought the aft suite was terrific for viewing Alaska, especially Glacier Bay! We were warm going in and out from our deck with expesso,,,lattes from our own room. The service was truly appreciated. I kept odd hours to enjoy the 3 hour style dining helped me adjust my own schedule . Get out on the land and enjoy the Alaska terrain. We walked to Mendenhall Glacier...just do it. It was hard for me but so worth the effort. Loved Juneau and Ketchikan but Skagway was not so good and way too many hours wasted on a cruise created town.

Pros: I loved the excellent service from our staff, the use of Cagneys a.m. and lunch for suite passengers. bought the dining package and it was well worth it

Cons: staterooms were in need of a touch of class, drapes offended my senses. difficulty getting in elevators reentering ship

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

ok it was good in that a huge ship was made to feel as tho the public areas were intimate. We needed much more updated information methods. It would not cost to put in interactive communication thru out the ship. Lack of info was a constant problem. frustrating...about 5 years slow. We live in an information age why not use it?
I'm not a big eater but still gained weight....liked the upgraded restaurants for their intimate quality. Le Bistro was my fav(rack of lamb..yum) and La Cuchina needed help with decor, it was tired looking. You can't go wrong with a steak and altho I usually don't eat a lot of beef the steaks were quite good.
I really disliked the decor in our state room. I would walk into my room and the drapes would have been closed by the attendant, I hated the way the room looked with those horrid drapes.The size was nice. The amenities were good...nice touches in welcome sparkling wine. flowers and hors'deorves daily
Really great with one or two exceptions...I"m gluten free and the main dining room waitor could not speak english well enough to answer my or my husbands questions correctly so avoidable mistakes were made in the Summer Palace dining room. I know the staff were trained as all went smoothly else where.
There was far more to do than we could ever have planned for, expect plenty of ship board activities....parties...plenty of entertainment. You can't take it all in and I wish there had been more, LOTS more info upfront..