Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mixed feelings about the cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

As the title indicates we had mixed feelings about the cruise.  We were quite pleased with the professionalism and level of service we received from the waitressese and waiters in the various restaurants on board.  They were always friendly, helpful and outgoing.  This is also true for our room steward.  The quality of the food left a little to be desired.  We were disappointed in the specialty restaurants especially since we had to pay extra for them.  The lasagna I ordered in the Italian restaurant was cold and had to be sent back.  In the Brazilian restaurant the service was rushed and left no chance for a leisurly dinner.  We did enjoy LeBistro but still not worth the extra money.  The bartender at the poolside bar mixed up my key card with another customer so I was incorrectly charged for two alcoholic drinks instead of my diet Pepsi.  It took me four trips over four days to the front desk to get the mix up straightend out, even though each time I spoke to a customer service rep they told me they would fix it.

I also was not pleased with the way the art auctions were run.  We were told at the beginning of the two auctions we attended that only items requested by the bidders would be auctioned.  When the auctions started it was obvious that the auctioneer also had items they wanted to sell even though they were not requested by potential bidders. We sat for an hour and a half and never saw the item we requested come up for bid. I spoke personally to the auctioneer about this matter but I doubt any changes will be made.

We enjoyed the professional enertainment quite a bit.  It was high class, and we especially enjoyed the comedian.  We were a little disappointed in the 2nd City troupe as we thought their improv show was not very funny.

We have only been on two cruises, this and Princess,  and we would recommend Princess over Norwegean to our friends.