Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

NORWEGIAN NOT QUITE WHAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE!

Sail Date: January 27, 2013

I was very excited for my first cruise - all other parties in our group of 8 had all been on cruises before and loved their previous experiences. When we got to the Norwegian Terminal at port sign in went very well and we were welcome onboard with open arms everyone was happy. First day on boat went well cabins were ready quickly - luggage took a long time to get to the rooms. Day two we arrived at Grand Stir-up Cay and it was beautiful - food service that day was crazy way too many people and very unorganized (need to give wrist bands with times so everyone does not go at once) There were 4 lines we there all ran into one - no one knew which end was up got so mad I got out of line and did not eat that day at all - did the jet skis that day they were good and fun well worth the cost. Day three we were at sea all day - food again was average nothing spectacular - we ate dinner at the steak house it was horrible!!! You could not understand our waiter at all - filets were tough and tasted funny NOT worth the $50 we spent! Drinks were priced differently at every lounge/bar I went to on the ship when i questioned them they would tell me someone else messed up. Day four - Jamaica took the ATV excursion - RIP OFF there was a group of 8 of us - ATV broke down during the ride and the time it took to repair them reduce out time by at least 30 minutes off out scheduled time everyone in our group of 8 was upset. When we got back to the ship to take to someone about it there was never anyone at the excursion desk to talk to. Day five - we were in Grand Cayman - beautiful island - relax and enjoyed Cayman. Day 6 - Cozumel went to PlayaMia FOOD was HORRIBLE would not feed it to my dog - they said International food again we did not eat anything!!! We were on the water slide and as we were getting out of the pool three of us received an electrical shock along with two others that were not in our group - the life guard immediately made everyone get out of the pool and they closed the slide for a short time. Right behind the slide is a metal box that reads DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE - kind of scary - glad none of us were injured - they did not seemed concerned about any of us that were shocked in any way at all - we were also given the wrong time to meet back for the bus ride back, so we arrived an hour early only to be told they gave us incorrect information - Not an excursion that I would recommend to anyone don’t let the free drinks fool you!!! Once again when we came back to the desk no one was at the excursion desk to talk too! I always dreamed about having amazing food on a cruise - not the case at all - buffet was the same almost everyday a few things changed but over all same thing for 7 days in a row. Sit down dinners took anywhere from 2 to 2-1/2 hours plus. Shows on the ship were HORRIBLE - only good show was the Oh What a Night Tribute Band. Our room steward was amazing knew us by name and was always helpful he may have been one of the only good thing about the cruise. On our last day when we got to port there was no one there from our ships staff to thank us and say they hoped to see us again - they had all our money and we did not matter to them anymore. I have friends that take cruises every year on other cruise lines and love them they were on Carnival - I thought Norwegian was a big step above I think I was wrong. After this experience I don’t know if I would ever cruise again. I saved for years to take a cruise and I came home disappointed and upset!
Buffet was horrible - same thing everyday. Even Free Style restaurants we paid for were horrible!!!
Comedy shows were stupid. Oh What a Night Tribute Band was Excellent!
Not worth the money and no one for Norwegian was at the desk to help us!