Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska

An amazing first cruise!

Sail Date: September 02, 2012

My first real cruise, so I don't have much of a basis for comparison, but I liked the overall experience. Most of the staff was attentive, the ship common areas were clean, and embarkation and disembarkation were very organized.

Pros: Excursions\, Service\, Food

Cons: size of bathroom

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

The food was terrific! There was a wide variety of choices\, including healthy items\, at every meal. Plenty of fresh veggies and fruits were available.
The decor was nice\, and the size of the stateroom was fine. My only issue was the bathroom. I would have given up a couple of inches of unusable vanity space to have a couple more inches in the toilet area.
At the main entrance to the buffet\, there was always someone on duty with a spray bottle of hand sanitizer. They insisted that everyone coming into the dining area had to get a spray -- even the children. They made it easy to comply by chanting \"washy washy happy happy\". One crew member was often at the door with his guitar and made a song out of it.