B- experience

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: June 01, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Pearl
The ship was well maintained and very clean they had an army of staff whose only function it seemed was to clean this resulted in a beautiful shp for the passengers and was the highlight of the ship. There was plenty to do and the entertainment staff was great.

The ship itself was well maintained clean and very nice. However I was less than impressed with the food on the ship as well as the waitstaff in the dining rooms on the ship. I traveled with my family and there were several instances where the waitstaff was down right rude to us. My mother requested a bit of horseradish from our waiter whose response was to roll his eyes at us. In my opinion the waitstaff on the boat has no incentive to to serve their dinner guests. You do to have the same server at each meal. This in my opinion resulted in a waitstaff who did not adequately care about their guests dining experience and or requests. This coupled with the poor food on the ship resulted in a lot of eating out on shore whenever we had the opportunity. We did not eat in any of the pay or a la carte dining areas as we were worried that based on our experience in the main dining and buffet areas we would be very disappointed and have wasted our money.

We attended several shows and participated in various entertainment activities on the ship each one that we attended was fun and entertaining.

For the most part the staff was unprofessional and rude with the exception of our cabin steward Max and the young lady who stood outside the garden cafe each morning saying " happy happy washy washy" and spraying your hands with disinfectant. Her enthusiasm was contagious.

Well cleaned and maintained.

Stateroom was very comfortable and our cabin steward went out of his way to learn our names and keep our stateroom neat and tidy. The only down side was the outside window was a bit dirty obscuring the view from the stateroom a bit which I felt was a little below par on an Alaskan cruise where the main point of the cruise is to enjoy the scenery and since it is pretty cold outside some of the time. However, the seas were pretty rough on this trip and I do not remember if the windows was that way at the start of the trip or got that way through the course of the week.

Pros: The staff on the excursions

Cons: The dining experience on the Norwegian pearl

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.