Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

mostly pleasant

Sail Date: January 22, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

see below. we had an ok time but were a bit screwed by the childcare staff and the ventilation in the cabin.

Pros: the gym, the staff, some of the food

Cons: the childcare, the entertainment

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

the poor rating is only because the staff was 3/4ths surly. the facilities were fine; the schedule so-so
nice ship overall, but slightly drab/funky in places, but I cut them slack cause ships never stop. some ugly carpeting, etc. too much shiny brass and metal - cheesy...
the baking was very good, the savory food mostly good with some big misses.
pet peeve - mechanical ventilation is not able to be shut off completely. meaning when you don't have a patio room, the air gets super dry. both my kid and I got bad sinus infections by day 5 as a result. other than that the cabin was fine.
the music/shows are spotty, ranging from good to terrible. way down from years ago.
disclosure: I am a professional music producer and I used to work on ships, including NCL ships.

the gym was great. didn't do the spa but it looked good, and the sports stuff, pools, etc were all fine.
good friendly staff, some excellent at their jobs, the childcare staff was bad news though.