Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

OMG! First cruise, won't be the last

Sail Date: October 01, 2010

The ship was beautiful. Everything was always clean and the staff friendly. They were very aware of H1N1 and we heard "Washy, Washy, Happy, Happy, Smiley, Smiley" everytime we entered the ship or any of the restaurants by the attendant who then sprayed your hands with anitbacterial solution. I felt very safe onboard the ship. My favoite place was Roatan, very beautiful island! My favorite shore excursion was the Lamanai and New River tour in Belize! I would highly recommend that to everyone, a fast fun and exciting boat tour of the New River and then an amazing walk through Lamanai temples (there are 3 mayan temples on this tour) each one more spectacular than the last. You could climb all three although the second one was a verticle climb that required a rope! Just facinating. Best shopping was in Costa Maya a shop till you drop experience. Least favorite was Key West, but we were there during Fantasy Festival and the sites were interesting if a little X-rated for families - wish the crew had warned us.

Pros: I could completely relax

Cons: The ship's interior was too cold

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

I thought that the ship was layed out well and everything was very accessible. I was pleased that the bathrooms were always clean and smelled pleasant. The decor was bright and fun especially the Crystal Atrium.
We did not eat in any of the 7 specialty restaurants because the food was so good in the 4 included restaurants. The ambiance in each was excellent. Our favorite was the Garden Cafe because of the variety and you could fill your plate or go back for 2nds, 3rds ...
I wanted to take my bed home with me! It was so comfortable I never wanted to leave it.
Our steward was amazing. We saw him outside the cabins frequently but he never interrupted us while we were in our cabin and we never caught him in our cabin cleaning; but EVERY time we left we came back to a tidy cabin often with little surprises.
There was something to do 24 hours a day. The schedule (I use that term loosely) was full and all of the activity leaders were great
We did not take children but we observed others and we thought that the kids staff were teriffic. The kids looked like they were having way more fun than the adults and the security was so tight that because we didn't have any kids in the program we couldn't even go look around the teen club!