Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Gorgeous ship, poor service

Sail Date: January 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I went with my 8 yr old daughter in Jan 2008. The ship is very clean and pretty. The service in the main dining room and specialty restaurants was downright rude at times. It was a huge deal for them to have to get a kids menu for my daughter. And one night the waitress told me she couldn't find a pen/pencil for my daughter to play some of the word games, etc. in the children's menu. Are you kidding me? Well, how about trying again? Which she finally did after I had became obviously annoyed. The food was mediocre. The buffet layout was easy to navigate and there were never long lines. However, the desserts were awful. Carnival is way ahead of the game in terms of service and food. The room steward was great. and I did like our balcony room more than the one on Carnival. The beds were sooo comfy. Shower and bathroom was nice too. Cabin was always clean and well kept. Bowling was a lot of fun too. Pools were nice and freshwater. The water slide was slow...pretty lame according to my daughter. The slide on Carnival Splendor was way better. The entertainment was fantastic...comedy shows, magician, etc. Way better than the cheesy song/dance production shows that are the same every night on Carnival.

Pros: Entertainment was great, beds were awesome.

Cons: Unfriendly wait staff, slow service, mediocre food

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!