Great Ship, but..........

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 02, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Pearl
The Pearl was an excellent ship. There are no complaints that can be lodged on the ship itself. The problem was the prices. I have cruised 6 different times, with other lines, and Norwegian was by far the most expensive. Beers were $7.25 a piece and $11 bucks for mixed drinks. The "freesytle" dining is true, but with catches. You pay a cover charge to get into some of the restaurants, only to pay an additional fee for certain things on the menu. To be fair, the other lines do the same, but again, the fee was 2 to 3 times more than the others. You pay a "autogratutity" when you order a drink, and then you are auto charged $10.00 a day per person. I found myself tipping 3 times, and when I learned of the "auto charges" I was made to feel as if I was being cheap when I questioned the charges. I am blessed to make a great living so money is not a problem, but fair is fair. The entertainment was terrible. The best thing that was available was the Second City crew. The comedian was terrible, the singer should give the cruise line back their money and the ships crew was average at best. Not to sound negative, the cruise itself was nice. To be away from work is always a vacation, but if you have ever cruised before, you will instantly notice the difference. Again, the ship is top notch, but Norwegian charges at least double on everything, so its not worth it.
Ever island is good, but Roatan is poor and your heart goes out to the kids you beg for the simple things that we take for granted.

Pros: Ship

Cons: Prices

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.