Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Traveller beware of virus!

Sail Date: November 30, 2007

We were celebrating our 11th anniversary on the Pearl. Let me say that the ship is full of interesting and beautiful things to do and see. The food was ok and the service warm and friendly most of the time. The specialty restaurants were gourmet, and well worth the $15-$20+ up-charge if that is improtant to you. We had a balcony stateroom and it was lovely. On another note, I, and MANY other passengers got sick with a norovirus, a GI virus that is VERY contagious. Regular hand washing, avoiding any physical contact with other passengers or items touched by others is a MUST! I thought that I was careful, but obviously not carful enough. The crew did their best to try to contain the virus. They stopped self-serve dining and were continuously washing banisters and walls. Although many people were quarenteened, some of them chose to ignore the quarenteen and therefore contributed to the spread of the virus. This is very serious as many people were sent to the hospital with potentially life threatening symptoms. PLEASE be aware of this if you should choose to cruise.

Pros: The beautiful ship

Cons: illness

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.

Don't Miss: Virgin Gorda
St. John's, Antigua
Shopping!
St. John's, Antigua
Shopping!
Bridgetown, Barbados
Interesting island. Charming old towns and Churches.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.

Don't Miss: Virgin Gorda
Bridgetown, Barbados
Interesting island. Charming old towns and Churches.
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
We love the Dominican Republic, but Samana was awful. It was dirty and offerered extremely little in the way of shopping and excursions. Do a water excursion like a Catamaran Sail here or stay on the ship!
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic