Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Freestyle is NOT for me!!

Sail Date: November 16, 2007

Beautiful Ship and was very clean..service was horrible it was like everyone was on their first day of their job. Food was probably the worst food I have ever had on a ship, i have been on 8 cruises and this and the Carnival line are neck in neck, everything was surcharged and it was not even good!! We had 9 pple in our party and we could not get a reservation unless we called at exactly 7am every day and when we did get one our only choice was 5:30 or 9pm!!When we get to the restaurants mostly the whole place was empty!!!Quality and variety of food HORRIBLE..we were on the 9 day and it got really old really fast trying to get somewhere to eat every night. the itinerary was great except for the Samana DR stop why are they even bothering? it is disgusting there is nothing to do and nothing to see..NCL is the ONLY cruise line that stops ther, go figure..Activities were few and far in between, we had 4 kids ages 7-12 and the kids club was not impressive at all, same thing every night for their " late night Party" Overall very unimpressive.. rooms and public areas were kept very clean the coffee bar was great and probably the most reasonable priced thing on board..they did not even have a kids channel in the cabins for the kids..they c;laim they have cartoon network when available well we were on for 9 days and it was NEVER available. they showed Sunday Football on the big screen and all it did was freeze up every 3 seconds, impossible to even watch, with a brand new 500 million dollar ship you would think they would have an awesome satellite system..I have cruised 5 times with RCCL and 1 time w/ Princess and 2 times with Carnival, I will never cruise on Carnival again and more than likely I will never cruise on NCL again either..for the amount of money we spent on surcharges and drinks (that were EXTREMELY overpriced in comparison to other cruise lines) I could have gone on a 14 day Princess or RCCL cruise!!!

Pros: Ship Was Beautiful itinerary was good

Cons: FOOD freestyle Dining and the service

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
THEY HAVE NO REASON TO TAKE ANYONE HERE IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!
Don't Miss: MISS THE WHOLE THING DO NOT BOTHER GETTING OFF SHIP
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Beaches
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia
Go on land tour on your own go see the waterfalls rainforest, volcano very nice island very nice people
Don't Miss: Volcano Waterfalls
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia
Don't Miss: Volcano Waterfalls
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
THEY HAVE NO REASON TO TAKE ANYONE HERE IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!
Don't Miss: MISS THE WHOLE THING DO NOT BOTHER GETTING OFF SHIP
St. John's, Antigua
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Beaches