Not what I expected

Norwegian Pearl

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Review Summary

Even the veteran cruisers I spoke with on the ship thought the food was terrible-up charge for the food I was served a Cagney's was rediculous, honestly I could have gotten better food at a Ryan's Buffet (I don't eat there either). Best meal was at the top of Mt Roberts in Juneau, Dungeness Crab Cakes. We were also confronted by a child in one of the lounges at 11pm and told to get up that we had taken his seat after being seated by a waiter and ordering drinks. Awakened several times to the sound of teenagers/kids running up and down the hall. The best tip for this cruise is to buy the week pass to the spa! Alaska is incredible and the two excursions (Skagway -Toast to the Goldrush and Ketchican-Totems, Eagles and Lighthouse) were great. The people we encountered at the different ports were warm and we enjoyed the conversations. I would definitely go back to Alaska but not with Norwegian. Getting off the ship was a nitemare due to our travel agent not being given correct information. Service was average - and some request were never acknowledged.

Pros: Week long pass to the spa

Cons: Food, Children without supervision

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.