Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Better than I Expected

Sail Date: February 11, 2007

Room Type: Suite

A few friends and I traveled on the Norwegian Pearl on February 11. As a die hard Royal Caribbean cruiser I was pleasantly surprised by the Pearl, the staff, and the food. We stayed in a mini suite and it was lovely. Another couple stayed in an inside cabin and although comfortable they would not recommend it to friends.

We liked the free style dining but in the restaurants that charge cover charges I did not find the food any better prepared than in restaurants that didn't. As far as food selection I found it to be the best of any cruise I've been on. I am a health nut and did not have any problems keeping it healthy. One of the bar staff even mixed my protein drink for me each morning after my workouts because they did not have a blender for my room.

The exercise room was excellent for a cruise ship. I was able to stick to my workout routine without any issues. The running track was a disappointment because it was too narrow and obstructed by light poles.

Our cabin stewards were excellent, they were very attentive and took care of our every whim to include fixing the bed so we could not feel the separation when the two beds were pushed together to make a queen size bed.

The on board shops were lacking and did not offer much in the way of merchandise. The nightly shows in the main theatre were very good but outside of it there was not much variety to pass away the time. We took a go at the bowling alley and found it to be a great way to pass the time. There is an additional fiver dollor cover chare per game which includes shoe rental. They did limit us to two games because of the wait list.

Debarking was the smoothest Id ever done. You had until 1am to put your bags out and did not need to bee off of the ship until 1030 am.

Pros: Freestyle Dining

Cons: On board Activities

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!