Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 06, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

NCL Pearl is a beautiful ship, normal-sized cabins, standard for industry but lots of beautiful public rooms. Fun things to do: bowling, rock climbing, basketball, shows, Internet Cafe, lounges, casino, etc. The food is okay, that is the best rating I can give, I have had better and I have had worse. The food in the speciality restaurants, these are the restaurants you pay $10.00-20.00 service charge pp, these restaurants were a lot better than the dining room. Teppenaki was exceptional, very much like Bennihanna and the food was delicious and plentiful. Mambo's is a restaurant that is free, but you need reservations, I would recommend this restaurant had good tex-mex type of food.
The staff on this ship was very accomodating and nice. The pool area is typical of most cruise ships, too many people and too little chairs, hot tubs, and pool to accomodate all of the passengers. Many days, the pool area was like walking the streets of NYC, just too many people to be enjoyable. There was a waterslide that was cool for adults and children alike, my kids loved it. The kids, Aqua Club was exceptional, terrific staff, my kids never wanted to leave.

Pros: Beautiful common areas

Cons: food was standard

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

Good quality for the money; clean ship.
We had an oceanview stateroom on deck eight, it was small but clean and comfortable beds.
EXCELLENT! Best staff!
Exceptional! Best staff, funny, very kid-friendly, and just a great program. Remember to tip these teachers, they are not included in the normal tipping that NCL charges automatically to your credit card, and they are well deserving of a tip!
Enjoyed Freestyle dining. Good speciality restaurants, but main dining room and buffet were just standard, not the best food.
Good activities.