Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Love the freestyle cruising

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

I have been on many cruise lines, but I am now hooked on freestyle cruising. The only complaint I have about Norwegian cruise line is the food.

Pros: Freestyle cruising, 24 hour gym, great entertainment

Cons: The food

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

The ship is 1 year old and has been well maintained. The layout is simple to learn. The decor is much brighter and colorful than other cruise lines.
They need to improve the food. On a nine day cruise I only found about 3 entrees which appealed to me at the Summer Palace. In comparison, there might be one night on other cruise lines in which nothing on the menu appeals to me. I did not like the way they did lobster night. I was given a half of a tail an some other sea food to fill the plate. The desserts were kind of blah. I usually skipped dessert in the Summer Palace and got ice cream at the buffet.
This is my third cruise on the Pearl. The first 2 cruises I stayed in an insde cabin which was fine except for the bathroom. I am over six feet tall and did not have enough room to sit straight on the toilet. The wall is about 6 to 8 inched from the front edge of the toilet. I had to sit sideways to do my business. The balcony cabin offered just a few more inches for me to sit straight. The showers are a plus. They are average in size, but have a removeable shower head with great water pressure. I purchsed a bar of soap in the gift shop because in am not into the shower gel they provided.
I am always impressed by the staff. On this ship most of the staff works 10 months straight, 7 days a week and at least 10 hours a day and they are still pleasant.
I loved the entertainment on this ship. I attended every show on all 3 cruises. I am not into the singing and dancing shows, but they were worth going to. the gym was great. They had more tread mills than any other ship I have been on. The gym is open 24 hours making it easy to avoid the peak hours.