Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

An absolute Pearl of a ship!

Sail Date: September 09, 2007

Embarktion and disembarking was a breeze here in Seattle. 30 min on. 20min off.
The ship is beautiful, the service impecable, food great.

We were told by the crew that we had the best weather on this Alaskan cruise to Glacier bay of the season.

We had an inside stateroom, it was cozy but plenty big for us. There are plenty public areas to watch the scenery go by. So a balcony room for us wasnt important. Depending on the weather to Alaska, it could be too cold or foggy to enjoy a balcony anyway. On our trip weather was great so I'm sure those who had balconies enjoyed them.

We had a full ship but rarely felt crowded.
The food in the dining rooms and at the buffet were really delicious.
We traveled with my elderly mother who walks with a cane. At the buffet, there was always someone who helped her carry her food. The service was great, we felt like royality.

I would highly reccommend this trip.
It helped that we had fabulous weather.

Pros: Fantastic Service

Cons: Too much to do, so little time

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

Nice inside stateroom, very comfortable beds. Spacious shower.
I cant say enough good things about the crew. They made me feel like a queen
Very good
Brand new ship that sparkled.
I,m gluten intolerant and I e-mailed the Pearls co-ordinator before arriving to let them know of my specific food issues. When I arrived maitre'd explained how to order, to get gluten free choices. It was like I had my own staff, bringing me special foods that I could eat. The first night the head chef came up and introduced himself and said they would take care of me. AND THEY DID!
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska

Don't Miss: Skagway museum
Ketchikan, Alaska
Skip the ships shore excursions, go to the docks and take "Sourdough tours", you wont be sorry, and it costs less.