Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

I am not sure what ship I was on

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

Ship was new and it was fine. Overall experience - will never cruise Norwegian again, Princess is far better than this!!

Pros: the ship was new so yes it was nice, staff were very friendly

Cons: restaurants, extremely poor. Everyone in our party felt that the free restaurants were substandard and we tried each morning to make reservations in the specialty restaurants at 7:00 am. All of the restaurants were usually booked until 9:00-9:30pm!

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

Horrible!!!! Free restaurants substandard, never got into the speciality restaurants and why should we have to pay to eat!!! This cruise line penny pinched you for everything you had. I don't mean to sound so negative but the way freestyle cruising is advertised makes it seem so easy. So many people on the ship were complaining about not getting into a good restaurant and the quality of the free one'swas horrible with the exception of the garden cafe, there food was very good but who wants to eat at a buffet for 9 nights!
My daughter and I stayed in a state room and it was fine. the luggage fit nicely under the beds, bathroom was very nice, excellent water pressure, ect. We were only in the rooms to sleep so they were fine..
We attended the show all of the nights and they were average except for one night when they had a gentle man from the Bold and Beautiful! He was excellent!
I did travel with a teenager but she did not want to participate. The kids did seem to have fun when we saw them do different activities.
All staff was excellent, very friendly!
This was a large ship and like I said it was new so very nice. The pool area was horrible. It was very crowded and small for such a large ship. The pool for "adults" only was very, very small. Poor overall, why is it so small when the ship can accomodate over 3000 people. There were 2900 people on our cruise 3/30 to Southern Carribian!