True Story of a terrible vacation

Norwegian Majesty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: December 01, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Majesty
My girlfriend and I had never cruised before and had gotten the same time off in the end of December and decided this was the best cruise to fit our schedule. We got to Charleston after driving 14 hours to find that the boat had been delayed by 3 or 4 hours. We waited around in downtown Charleston until we were able to enter the port where we proceeded to stand in line for no, joke 2-3 more hours.
We got on the boat and finally we were off to sea. After Key West our next spot was cozumel. We had booked a shore excursion through the cruise line to drive jeeps to these caves. This was the biggest mistake. The drive was scary and we had our 400 dollar camera stolen while we were there. We were told by the manager of the tour that we could call the mexican police if we didnt want to search the other passengers ourselves. The cruise line basically offered us 10 percent off our excursion for our "Inconvenience". Im sure they hear it all the time but that is a slap in the face. The staff was very aggresive in selling alcohol. I had paint chips fly into my 12 dollar margarita. I could spell my name on my skin from the soot from the engines. I heard the boat called the "walmart of the seas" and its true. Spend the extra 100 or 200 dollars to take any other cruise line take my word for it.

Pros: grand cayman

Cons: too many

Recommends Norwegian Majesty? No.