Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

MOST ENJOYABLE CRUISE TO DATE

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

Spring '08 we cruised from Charleston to Bermuda. After so many negative comments about the Majesty we decided to give it a try anyway as we are Charleston residents. I loaded up on Dramamine and the rough water to and from Bermuda wasn't a problem for me. I enjoyed the smaller ship. The staff called us by name and recalled what we liked to drink with dinner. I love the open seating arrangement. (Good) food was available 24 hours. We ate everywhere except Le Bistro. Couldn't see paying extra for a dinner when we were enjoying the main restaurants. We used room service as a wake up call, getting coffee, fruit and rolls at 7 am to start our day. The passengers on the Majesty seem to be a mature crowd in general which was so nice for just enjoying the pleasure of being at sea. Very few children. We've sailed on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival and now Norweigan. If you want the hype, and glitz and lots of fun things for the kids you will want a different ship. If you enjoy being at sea, an open dining experience, entertainment that is enjoyable but not the top of the line, and reasonable rates, try this ship. Especiall Yreasonable way of touring Bermuda. We leave in three days for a two week repositioning cruise from Philadelphia and back home to Charleston. Several island ports of call and lots of sea time. Everyone has different taste and different experiences. My husband and I maintain low expectations as to our travels and consider that when things go wrong it's more of an adventure and gives us some interesting conversation with our friends when we return. The only reason I wouldn't recommend this ship is because all our friends who also cruise require the mega ships and all that they have to offer..

Pros: THE SHIP ITSELF-NO GLITZ-THE FOOD-THE OPEN SEATING-OUR ROOM STEWARDS-THE VARIETY OF PLACES TO EAT-ROOM SERVICE-ENTERTAINMENT

Cons: BOARDING AND DEBARKING IN CHARLESTON; TOO MUCH BADGERING TO BUY DRINKS

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.